The first railway on Indian sub-continent ran over a stretch of 21 miles from Bombay to Thane. The idea of a railway to connect Bombay with Thane, Kalyan and with the Thal and Bhore Ghats inclines first occurred to Mr. George Clark, the Chief Engineer of the Bombay Government, during a visit to Bhandup in 1843.
The formal inauguration ceremony was performed on 16th April 1853, when 14 railway carriages carrying about 400 guests left Bori Bunder at 3.30 pm “amidst the loud applause of a vast multitude and to the salute of 21 guns.” The first passenger train steamed out of Howrah station destined for Hooghly, a distance of 24 miles, on 15th August, 1854. Thus the first section of the East Indian Railway was opened to public traffic, inaugurating the beginning of railway transport on the Eastern side of the subcontinent.
Online Applications are invited from eligible Indian Nationals for filling up of following 18252 posts in different Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) and Zonal Railways.
- Commercial Trainee (CA) : 703 posts
- Traffic Trainee (TA) : 1645 posts
- Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerk (ECRC) : 127 posts
- Goods Guard : 7591 posts
- Junior Account Assistant cum Typist (JAA) : 1205 posts
- Senior Clerk cum Typist : 869 posts
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) : 5942 posts
- Traffic Assistant : 166 posts
- Senior Tine Keeper : 04 posts
How to Apply: Candidates are requested to Apply online at RRB websites from 26/12/2015 to 25/01/2016 only.