The Indian Coast Guard, Bhāratīya Taṭarakṣaka) (ICG) protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone. The Indian Coast Guard was formally established on 18 August 1978 by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India as an independent Armed force of India . It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers you a challenging and inspiring career as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in the pay scale for Assistant Commandant at Rs.15600-39100 with Grade Pay Rs 5400/- . Registration and Preliminary Selection will be carried out on the spot at Mumbai, Chennai Kolkata and Noida for the the following posts :
- Assistant Commandant General Duty (GD) Male
- Assistant Commandant General Duty (Pilot) Male
- Assistant Commandant – Technical (Mechanical/Electrical) Male (only for SC/ST/OBC)
- Assistant Commandant (Law) Male (only for SC/OBC)
- Assistant Commandant Short Service Commission (Pilots) Male and Female
- Assistant Commandant General Duty Female
How to Apply: Candidates are requested to apply online at Coast Guard Recruitment website http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in from 19/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 only.