How to qualify CDS Exam- Preparation Tips to follow
CDS or Combined Defence Services Exam is a common entrance exam for the recruitment of eligible candidates in Indian Defence Services i.e. Indian Army, Navy or Airforce. The candidates applying for CDS exam should be unmarried. The male and female both the candidates are eligible to appear for CDS exam and the selection will be done completely on merit basis. CDS is a national level entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year (February and November months).
What is the selection procedure of CDS exam?
CDS exam will be conducted in three stages and the candidates have to qualify all these stages to get recruitment in any one of the Defence Services (Indian Army, Navy or Airforce). The stages of CDS exam for selection are- Written Exam, SSB Interview and Medical Test. The qualified candidates of written test will be called for SSB Interview which is a 3-day selection procedure as per new guidelines of the Ministry of Defence. The successful candidates of SSB interview will have to undergo Medical Test. After the medical test the successful candidates will be sent to the respective academy to complete the training period.
How to qualify CDS Exam- Preparation Tips to qualify
Preparation for CDS exam is not very easy. It is a tough competitive exam for Defence which needs hard work from you to get success. The best way to prepare for CDS exam is to join the best CDS coaching in Dehradun. The coaching institute will provide you proper guidance to achieve your goal of joining Defence Services.
First of all, it is important to know the structure of the question paper for the CDS exam. The question paper of CDS exam will have three sections- English, GK and Mathematics. Here we will discuss subject-wise important tips to prepare for CDS exam.
Tips for English Paper
The English paper is designed to test the knowledge of candidates about basic grammar, antonyms & synonyms, spotting errors etc. The questions asked will be of MCQ type. The English paper will have total 100 marks. The preparation tips for English paper are-
- The very important part to prepare for English paper is to adopt a habit of reading newspaper on daily basis. Reading newspaper helps not only in improving the vocabulary of a candidate but also helps in improving the knowledge.
- To cover the grammar portion of English paper, you should have a clear understanding of the concepts of English grammar. So, you can refer a basic grammar book to clear the concepts of English grammar.
- To improve your vocabulary you can develop a habit of learning 2/3 new words and also learn their synonyms & antonyms.
- Practising last year’s question paper is also a good habit to prepare for English paper.
- One of the best ways to prepare for English paper is by joining the bests CDS coaching in Dehradun.
Tips for GK Paper
GK or General Knowledge is a paper that will examine you in various subjects like current affairs, science, history, Geography etc. The paper of General Knowledge will have total 100 marks allotted. The questions will be asked in MCQ form. The candidates interested in CDS exam can follow these tips to prepare for CDS exam.
- To prepare for GK, it is very important to stay updated with the latest happing around the world. So, for this, you can start reading the newspaper and watching the news channel as a daily routine.
- You also need to have knowledge about various topics such as politics, sports, literature etc. You can follow magazines to collect information on these topics.
- You can also discuss the topics you learnt with your friend or classmate so that you do not forget these topics.
Tips for Mathematics Paper
The syllabus of Mathematics will cover all the topics you studied in 10th standard i.e. Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Geometry etc. Practice as much as you can to prepare for Mathematics paper of CDS exam. However, you can join the best CDS coaching in Dehradun to get prepare for the written exam.
- Practice all the topics of Mathematics thoroughly. You should start preparing for the topics you are good at and then you should pick the topics you need improvement.
- Focus on clearing the concepts of each topic for better understanding.
- Practice Mathematics every day to stay in touch with the subject.
General Preparation tips for CDS exam
- Do proper planning for CDS preparation so that you can complete the syllabus on time.
- Go through the syllabus to analyze the condition where you stand in the preparation of CDS exam.
- Learn time-management as it is very important for competitive exams like CDS.
- You should follow the topic-wise preparation strategy to complete the syllabus.
- Practice every day as much as you can spend time.