We all know that conventional CAT comprised questions on Qualitative Ability and Data Interpretation, which made it easier for students coming from other steams. This resulted in the lopsided approach towards admission into IIMs.
CHANGES MADE TO MAKE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION EASIER
- Descriptive questions have been into introduced.
- There will be less emphasis on quantitative analysis.
- CAT will be conducted on a single day across India.
- The duration of the test has also been increased which would make a difference. Now the time duration has been increased to 180 minutes from 170 minutes.
- The number of test centers has also been increased. Students can now take the examination at more test centers in more cities.
- Some changes have been made with regard to the number of Questions from Mathematics.