- Which of the following deficit stood below 1% of GDP for the year 2014-15 (Revised Estimates)?
[A] Primary Deficit
[B] Revenue Deficit
[C] Effective Revenue Deficit
[D] None of the above
- Which of the following criteria got the least weightage by the 14th Finance Commission while recommending horizontal distribution?
[A] Population [B] Demographic change
[C] Income Distance [D] Area
- 14th Finance Commission has recommended distribution of grants to states for local bodies using 2011 population data. The weight ratio of population and area stands at–
[A] 80: 20 [B] 85: 15
[C] 90: 10 [D] 92: 05
- In new series with base year 2011-12, GDP is estimated at–
[A] Market price
[B] Factor cost
[C] Average of market price and factor cost
[D] None of the above
- Vision of ‘Team India’ includes––
[A] ‘Housing for All’ by 2022
[B] Electrification, by 2020, of the remaining 20,000 village
[C] Connecting each of the 1,78,000 unconnected habitations by all weather roads
[D] All of the above
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched India’s first indigenously developed …….. vaccine on March 9, 2015.
[A] Rotavirus [B] Oral Polio
[C] Influenza [D] Oral Typhoid
- Which of the following is mismatched in relation to Stree Shakti Puraskar 2015?
[A] Anyay Rahit Zindagia NGO
–Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Award
[B] Seema Prakash
–Rani Laxmibai Award
[C] Asha Sansthan NGO
[D] Chadraprabha Bokey
–Mata Jijabai Award
- Which of the following companies tied themselves with CII to set up smart cities?
[A] Hitachi India and Siemens
[B] L&T and Reliance Industries
[C] Tata sons and BHEL
[D] None of the above
- Mawlynnong Village in Meghalaya is in the news recently. The reason being–
[A] It has been awarded the Asia’s Cleanest village award in 2014-15
[B] All the houses in the village have sanitary toilet
[C] All the houses in the Village use clean energy for cooking
[D] The Village is situated on Indo-Bangladesh border
- Project ‘Maryadaa’ is associated with–
[A] Education of girls
[B] Making the village open defection free
[C] Making all the women of the village educated and self-reliant
[D] None of the above
- India’s Contribution to commulative Global emission is about–
[A] 10.7% [B] 4.4% [C] 7.4% [D] 2.8%
- What is ‘Pink Sheet’?
[A] IMF’s Data sheet on current account deficits
[B] RBI’s Monetary Policy norms
[C] World Bank Commodities Price Data
[D] None of the above
- Martin Guptill is a famous player of _____?
[A] Football [B] Cricket
[C] Table Tennis [D] N.O.T.
- Karnataka has won Ranji Trophy of Cricket 2014-15 at Mumbai, who is the captain of Karnataka cricket team?
[A] Karun Nair [B] R. Vinay Kumar
[C] Brijesh Patel [D] N.O.T.
- Which Indian player did not make ODI Double centuries?
[A] Sachin Tendulkar [B] Rohit Sharma
[C] Virendra Sehwag [D] Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Which team has won Irani Trophy of Cricket in March 2015?
[A] Karnataka [B] Rest of India
[C] Punjab [D] Tamil Nadu
- Which Team has won the Santosh Trophy of Football in March – 2015?
[A] Punjab [B] Haryana
[C] Services [D] Karla
- Indian open Man’s single Championship has won by K. Srikanth. Who was runner up?
[A] Chai Biao (China)
[B] Hong Wei (China)
[C] Viktor Axelon (Denmark)
[D] Mads Pieler (Denmark)
- Who was winner of women Single Indian badminton Championship 2015?
[A] Saina Nehwal (India)
[B] Ayaka Takahashi (Japan)
[C] Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand)
- Which player has scored Maximum run in ICC World Cup 2015?
[A] B. Taylor (Zim)
[B] S. Dhawan (India)
[C] K. Sangkkara (Shri Lanka)
[D] M. Guptill (NZ)
- Darren Lehman is the only man to have won the world cup both as a player, he belongs to which country?
[A] New Zealand [B] Australia
[C] South Africa [D] West Indies
- Which organization has signed an Agreement with Indian Railway to invest 1.5 lakh crore rupees?
[A] State Bank of India
[B] Punjab National Bank
[C] General Insurance Corporation
[D] Life Insurance Corporation
- Which Country has first and last rank in Intellectual property Index respectively?
[A] Thailand U.S.A. [B] U.S.A. and Thailand
[C] India and U.S.A. [D] U.S.A. and India
- Who is the Chairman of Kaya Kalp council of Indian Railway?
[A] Suresh Prabhu [B] K. Shrinivashan
[C] Ratan Naval Tata [D] N.O.T.
- How many central Public Sector Enterprises are in operation at present?
[A] 234 [B] 249 [C] 274 [D] 290
- BHEL has Commissioned a 660 MW Supercritical Thermal power Unit at which place?
[A] Brah (Bihar) [B] Barh (Bihar)
[C] Barh (Bengal) [D] Brah (Bengal)
- Government of India launched Atal Pension Yojna the Newly launched pension scheme will replace?
[A] Swabhiman Scheme
[B] Swavalamban Scheme
[C] Old Age Pension Scheme
- Government of India has raised how much crore rupee fund from Auctioning of telecom of spectrum?
[A] 75,000 crore [B] 95,000 crore
[C] 1, 10,000 crore [D] 1.25, 000 crore
- Mission Indara Dhanush-201 is related to?
[A] To provide immunization against seven life threatening disease
[B] To provide immunization against AIDS
[C] To provide immunization against only T.B.
- What is the rank of India in UHNWI in world?
[A] 21 [B] 24 [C] 26 [D] 28
- What is the rank of PM Narendra Modi in Global most admired list?
[A] Third [B] Forth [C] Fifth [D] Sixth
- Who has been honored with the laadli Voice of the Centaury award?
[A] Samita Bharti [B] Lata Mangeshkar
[C] Asha Bhoshle [D] Alka Yagnik
- Who was the famina Miss India in 2014?
[A] Aditi Arya [B] Chitranda Singh
[C] Koyal Rana [D] N.O.T.
- What is the rank of Nobel laureate Malal Yousaf Zai in global women most admired list?
[A] First [B] Second
[C] Third [D] Fourth
- Which Indian has won the Stockholm water prize for year 2015, for his exceptional efforts of water conservation?
[A] Rajbeer Singh [B] Manjeet Singh
[C] Saurabh Singh [D] Rajendra Singh
- Who has been won the best Actress Award in 62nd National Film Awards?
[A] Priyanka Chopra [B] Balvinder Kaur
[C] Kangna Ranaut [D] N.O.T.
- Which Movie has won the best feature Film award in National Film Awards 2015?
[A] Court [B] Queen
[C] Punjab 1984 [D] N.O.T.
- Which Movie has selected for best environment conservation award in 2015?
[A] Orong [B] Ottaal
[C] Chotoder Chobi [D] N.O.T.
- A well known person selected for Saraswati Samman-2014?
[A] Atal Bihari Vajpayee [B] Salman Khursheed
[C] Veerappa Moily [D] N.O.T.
- Tyler Prize is given for?
[A] Water Conservation
[B] Soil Conservation
[C] Environment Protection
- Arun Singh was in news recently because
[A] He is an Indian ambassador in France
[B] He is an Indian ambassador in England
[C] He is an Indian ambassador in U.S.A.
[D] He is an Indian ambassador in Russia
- Gulzar has been selected for DadaSaha Phalke Award in 2013, he was a famous?
[A] Actor [B] Play back Singer
[C] Director [D] Lyricist
- Jane Lubenco is a famous person he is known for?
[A] Player [B] Ecology
[C] Industry [D] Banker
- K.M. Mani is the chairman of G.S.T. committee; he is the finance minister of?
[A] Karnataka [B] Karla
[C] Maharashtra [D] Bihar
- Which state has banned beef recently?
[A] Rajasthan [B] Punjab
[C] Haryana [D] Maharashtra
- Which state has passed minimum educational qualification bill for Panchayati Raj Institutes?
[A] M.P. [B] A.P.
[C] U.P. [D] Rajasthan
- Lee Kuyan was in news recently, he belongs to which country?
[A] Sumatra [B] Singapore
[C] Philippines [D] Indonesia
- Which country has approves first nuclear power plant, after Fukushima nuclear disaster?
[A] China [B] Japan
[C] Russia [D] Pakistan
- Which Country has third rank in nuclear weapons stockpile in the world?
[A] China [B] Russia
[C] U.S.A. [D] France
- According to the bulletin of the atomic scientist Pakistan has how many nuclear weapons recently?
[A] 115 [B] 120 [C] 125 [D] 130
- Uighurs community is in news recently for to Join Islamic State. It belongs to which country?
[A] Pakistan [B] Afghanistan
[C] China [D] Bangladesh
- Stockholm International peace research institute is in which country?
[A] Norway [B] Finland
[C] Sweden [D] U.S.A.
- India imports how much percent of world Arms during 2010 to 2015?
[A] 5% [B] 10% [C] 15% [D] 20%
- Russia-1 documentary is related to?
[A] U.S.A. Recession – 1929
[B] U.S.A. Recession – 2008
[C] Greece Economic Crises
[D] Crimea Issue
- Which Country has passed a low to provide 30% seats for women on corporate boards?
[A] U.S.A. [B] Narwe
[C] France [D] Germany
- India is going to launch how many satellites to form its navigational satellite network?
[A] 5 [B] 6 [C] 7 [D] 9
- What is Astra?
[A] Its a Air to Air Missile of India
[B] Its a Air to Surface Missile of India
[C] Its a Surface to Air Missile of India
- Christine lagarde is head of which organization?
[A] W.T.O. [B] World Bank
[C] I.M.F. [D] A.D.B
- PM Narendra Modi was chief Guest of Independence Day of which country on 12 March-2015?
[A] Sri lanka [B] Seychelles
[C] Mauritius [D] France
- Supreme Court of India has declared which Section of IT Act 2000 illegal in march 2015?
[A] Section-64 [B] Section-65
[C] Section-66 [D] Section-67
Answers Key Monthly GS Quiz ( May) 2015