Applications are invited for four ‘Research Positions in Grade-B’ for Department of Economic and Policy Research in RBI.
Name of Posts: Research Positions in Grade-B
No. of Posts: 4 Posts
Note for PWD candidates:
(1) There is no reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD). However the PWD candidates are eligible to apply as a General candidate without any concession except for age relaxation.
(2) The degree of disability should be (i) Minimum 40% in case of Orthopedically Handicapped persons, (ii) Minimum 40% in case of Hearing Impaired- sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life; do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech; hearing loss more than 60 decibels in the better ear (profound impairment) or total loss of hearing in both ears, and (iii) For Visually Handicapped candidate either of the following conditions should be full filled:
- Total absence of sight.
- With visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- With limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
(3) PWD candidates should possess a latest certificate to this effect issued by an authorized Government of India/ State Government Department/ Hospital.
(4) Within the overall notified total vacancies, PWD candidates belonging to any of the three categories of disability will be considered for selection, subject to their suitability
(5) Only following categories of PWD are eligible to apply for this post:
- OH candidates: OA – One arm affected (Right or Left); BL – Both legs affected but not arms; OL – One leg affected (Right or Left),
- HI candidates: PD – Partially Deaf; D – Deaf
- VH candidates: B – Blind; LV- Low Vision
2. Eligibility Criteria (as on December 1, 2015):
(i) Age: The applicant should be below 34 years of age. In case of PWD candidates, age relaxation as per extant Government of India instructions, will be provided.
Upper age is relaxable by-
(a) Three years in the case of OBC candidates as one post is reserved for them.
(b) Five years in the case of: i) Ex-employees of banking institutions whose services had to be terminated for reasons of economy or as a result of bank going into liquidation and personnel retrenched from Government Offices after at least one year’s service and currently registered with Employment Exchange, ii) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers) provided applicants have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability or have been released on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or on invalidment, iii) Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment, iv) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.
(c) 10 years for PWD (GEN); 13 years for PWD (OBC) candidates.
(d) For eligible staff candidates the relaxation in age limit is according to RBI circular CO. HRMD. No. G-75/ 5599/ 05.01.01/ 2013-2014 dated December 20, 2013.
NOTE: CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEMS.
(ii) Educational Qualifications (as on December 1, 2015): Ph.D. in areas of Economics or Finance form reputed universities is the minimum required educational qualification. The Bank will also look at those with interest and expertise in related areas in econometrics, computational and theoretical economics. High quality research potential and communication skills of international standards are essential.