The Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization (SSC CPO Recruitment 2018) conducts an examination for recruiting suitable candidates for multiple posts. These posts include:
- Sub Inspector in Delhi Police
- Sub Inspector in CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces)
- Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF (Central Industrial Security Force).
This is a great opportunity for a career with the Central Government. Moreover, the notification also encourages women to apply as the Central Government endeavors to have a workforce that reflects gender balance.
SSC has released notification for the recruitment 2018 of various posts for 2018 on 03-03-2018. The last date to submit the application is 02-04-2018 (up to 5:00 PM). The application form can be filled online through the website: www.ssc.nic.in . The application fees for candidates (except SC/ST/Females who are exempted from payment of fee) is Rs. 100/- . The dates for the Computer Based Examinations are:
- Paper 1: 04-06-2018 to 10-06-2018
- Paper 2: 01-12-2018
- Sub Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post is classified as Group B (Non-Ministerial) and carries the pay scale of Level 6 (Rs. 35400-112400).
- Sub Inspector (Executive) in Delhi Police (Male/Female): The post is classified in Group C by Delhi Police and it carries the pay scale of Level 6 (Rs. 35400-112400).
- Assistant Sub Inspector (Executive) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF): The post is classified as Group C and carries a pay scale of Level 5 (Rs. 29200-92300).
The tentative number of vacancies is 1223. The number of vacancies is liable to alteration.
|CAPF||ASI IN CISF||DELHI POLICE||TOTAL|
|1073||Vacancies will be intimated later.||150||1223|
ELIGIBILITY AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
To be able to sit in SSC CPO exam you need to make sure that you fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The Minimum Age Limit is 20 years.
- The Maximum Age Limit is 25 years.
Educational Qualifications on 01-08-2018:
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent.
- Only for Delhi Police Sub Inspector post, the male candidates must possess a valid driving license of can and motorcycle during the physical test.
SSC will select the most suitable candidates based on the written exam and their Physical Test.
The SSC CPO examination will be conducted in online mode. The questions are Multiple Choice Objective type with a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer. It consists of two tiers:
|PART||SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||DURATION|
|II||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|III||General Knowledge and Awareness||50||50|
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||DURATION|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||Two hours|
After qualifying Paper I, the candidates will be called for Physical Endurance Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Medical Test. Only the candidates that qualify the Physical Test will be eligible for Paper II.
However, the Physical Test is only qualifying in nature and hence only the candidate’s combined performance in Paper I and Paper II will be considered for final merit.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
The details of requirements of Physical Standards for male and female are as follows:
|For Male candidates||Male (General)||170||80||85|
|Belonging to hilly areas and areas of J&K, North East, Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For Female candidates||Female (General)||157||–||–|
|Belonging to hilly areas and areas of J&K, North East, Sikkim||155||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (PET)
There is separate test criteria for male and female as given below:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds.
- 6 Km race in 6.5 minutes.
- Long Jump- 3.65 meters in 3 chances.
- High Jump-1.2 meters in 3 chances.
- Shot put 16 Lbs.- 4.5 meters in 3 chances.
- 100 meters race in 18 seconds.
- 800 meters race in 4 minutes.
- Long Jump-2.7 meters in 3 chances.
- High Jump-0.9 meters in 3 chances.
SSC CPO SYLLABUS
The key to clearing any competitive exam is to be thorough with its syllabus. SSC CPO notification mentions the detailed syllabus for the examination. A candidate must go through it very carefully. The main topics to focus your attention while preparing for SSC CPO are mentioned below:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
This section requires constant practice of the following topics. Practice helps a competitive exam aspirant to manage his/her time efficiently during the examination. This is a very scoring section if practiced well. It consists of the following important topics:
- Coding Decoding
- Blood relations
- Alphabet or Word Test
- Ordering and Ranking
- Venn diagram
- Direction and distance
- Missing numbers
- Data sufficiency
- Similarities and differences
General Knowledge and General Awareness
The questions in this section will test a candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him. Therefore, the candidates must stay in touch with current events through newspapers or through online platforms as well as prepare the following topics to form a basic understanding of a wide range of GK topics.
- Science and Technology
- National and International current Affairs
The questions in this section test your ‘number sense’. It test your ability of proper use of numbers. Learn basic formulas, tricks and shortcuts to solve questions easily. The important topics in this section are:
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on mixtures
- Number System
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Work
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Data Interpretation
This section will test the candidate’s ability to understand correct English, his understanding of English Language, his writing ability, basic comprehension etc. Candidates need to prepare the following topics to excel in this section.
- Error spotting
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks (using prepositions, verbs, articles, etc.)
- Idioms and Phrases
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence Structure
- Grammar and spellings
The previous years’ cutoffs help the candidates in getting an idea about the level and standard of any competitive exam. Hence, it is recommended that you keep these cutoffs in mind while preparing for your examination. The previous year cutoff of SSC CPO examination are as follows:
PAPER I: Out of 200
PAPER I AND PAPER II (COMBINED CUTOFF): Out of 400