Join Best SSC JE Coaching in Dehradun (Options Coaching Academy)
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) annually releases Notification for recruitment of candidates for the post of SSC-JE under Electrical, Mechanical and Civil cadre. SSC conducts recruitment for these posts through a Computer Based Test (CBT) and an offline exam. This is a very good opportunity to build a career in a government job, Options Coaching Academy is the best SSC JE coaching in Dehradun aspirants who are looking for best SSC JE Coaching in Dehradun their search is over at Options Coaching Academy as OCA is the No. 1 Coaching Institute in Dehradun, India with 20+ years of Competitive Excellence
SSC is going to release the notification for SSC Join December 2018 for various Junior Engineer vacancies. The candidates who are interested to appear for SSC JE this time can read this content to get complete detail about the examination such as who is eligible to apply for, what is the exam pattern, what is the syllabus of SSC JE etc.
Important Dates for SSC JE 2019
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Online applications can be submitted from||15th December 2018|
|Last date to submit online application forms||7th January 2019|
|Admit cards can be downloaded from||½ weeks prior examination|
|Examination date of SSC JEE||Will be updated soon|
|Examination date of SSC Civil||Will be updated soon|
|Examination date of SSC Mechanical||Will be updated soon|
|Examination date of SSC Electrical||Will be updated soon|
Application Procedure for SSC JE 2019
SSC is the examination authority that schedules SSC JE exam on yearly basis. Now Staff Selection Commission is ready to release the application forms for SSC JE 2019. The application forms can be submitted by visiting the official website of SSC https://ssc.nic.in/. Once the official notification is released and the application forms are available at the website, the candidates will be able to apply for SSC JE 2019.
However, if you want to perform your best in SSC JE in the first attempt itself then you should join the best SSC JE coaching institute in Dehradun.
What is the Application Fee to apply for SSC JE 2019?
All the candidates willing to apply for SSC JE 2019 have to pay the requisite amount of application fee to confirm their candidature. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|General candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|Reserved candidates||Exempted from application fee|
Who is eligible to apply for SSC JE?
The eligibility criteria are a parameter to check whether a candidate is eligible to apply for an examination or not. The eligibility criteria for SSC JE have been given below. The candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria in order to submit their applications for SSC JE.
|Name of the Post||Qualification Eligibility||Age Limit|
|Junior Engineer (Civil) CPWD||The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.||Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical) CPWD||The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.||Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.|
|JE (Civil), Department of Posts||The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.||Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical), Department of Posts||The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.||Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 27 years.|
|SSC Junior Engineer (Civil), MES||· The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.|
· Should have minimum 2 years experience in Civil Engineering
|Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 30 years.|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical), MES||· The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.|
· Should have minimum 2 years experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
|Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 30 years.|
|Junior Engineer (QS & C), MES||· The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech/ OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University or Institute. OR|
· Must have cleared 12th in Building & Quantity Surveying (Sub-Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyor (India).
|Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical, Central Water Commission||· The candidates must have completed B.E./ B.Tech Diploma in Mechanical/ Civil Engineering.||Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.|
A candidate must possess a Degree/Diploma in Engineering. Moreover, posts specific educational qualifications have been mentioned by SSC accordingly.
|Serial No.||POST||EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS|
|1.||Junior Engineer (Civil), CPWD||Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.|
|2.||Junior Engineer(Electrical) |
|Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.|
|3.||Junior Engineer (Civil), Department of Posts||Three years Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution.|
|4.||Junior Engineer (Civil), MES||Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.|
|5.||Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES||Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.|
The job of an SSC JE Junior Engineer is very extensive and challenging. They are responsible for designing, planning and actively participating in their respective fields of specialization. Newly recruited Junior Engineers will be given charge of a section of the department they are selected for. They will have to perform various functions under their job profile like supervising work, planning and estimating repairs and renovations, maintaining accounts of their section proficiently, assisting supervisors and reporting to a higher authority.
The selection is based on an online and written exam that is conducted in two phases. There is no interview for SSC JE posts. SSC prepares the final merit list based on the marks scored by the candidates in Paper I and Paper II.
PAPER I: Paper 1 is the Objective type. There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|SUBJECT||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|2||PART A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)|
|PART B: General Engineering (Electrical)||100||100||2 hours|
|PART C: General Engineering (Mechanical)|
|3||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
PAPER II: It is descriptive in nature.
|1||PART A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural) OR|
PART B: General Engineering (Mechanical) OR
PART C: General Engineering (Electrical)
Examination Syllabus for SSC JE
Syllabus of General Intelligence & Reasoning
Problem Solving, Space Analytical Function, Other Analytical Functions, Arithmetical Computation, Abstract Ideas & Symbol & Their Relationship, Arithmetic Number Series, Verbal & Figure Classification, Arithmetical Reasoning, Relationship Concepts, Visual Memory, Decision Making etc.
Syllabus of General Awareness
India & its neighbouring countries, Current Affairs, General Polity & Scientific Research, Economic Science etc.
Syllabus of Civil Engineering
Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Estimating Costing & Valuation, Building Materials etc.
Syllabus of Structural Engineering
RCC Design, Steel Design, Concrete Technology, Theory of structure etc.
Syllabus of Electrical Engineering
Magnetic Circuit, Circuit Law, Basic Concepts, Basic Electronics, Utilization & Electrical Energy, Estimation & Costing, Transmission Machines, Synchronous Machines, Fraction Kilowatt Motors & single phase induction motors, Electrical Machines, Measurement & Measuring instruments, AC Fundamentals etc.
- Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering
Hydraulic Turbines, Basic Principle, Measurement of Flow rate, Dynamics of Ideal Fluid, Properties of Pure substances, Classification of steels, Centrifugal Pumps, Engineering Mechanics & strength of materials, Theory of machines & machine design, Fluid kinematics, Fluid statics, measurement of fluid pressure, Properties & classification of fluids, Nozzles & steam turbines, The principle of refrigeration plant, Refrigeration cycles, Air Compressors & their cycles, Fitting & accessories, Ranking cycle of system, IC Engine Cooing & Lubrication, IC engine performance, Air standard cycles for IC Engines, IC engines combustion, 2nd Law of thermodynamics, 1st Law o thermodynamics etc.
The syllabus for SSC JE exam includes Coaching in Dehradun three major sections:
- Reasoning and General Intelligence
- General Awareness
- Technical subjects (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical)
Reasoning and General Intelligence Syllabus
- Problem Solving
- Visual Memory
- Space Visualization
- Verbal classification
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Other analytical functions
General Awareness Syllabus
- History (Mainly Indian history)
- India and its neighbouring countries
- Current Affairs
- General Economy
- General Polity
THE General Awareness questions asked here are very different from those asked in insurance and bank exams. More questions in SSC JE exam focus on static General Knowledge rather than current affairs. Therefore, you need to focus mainly on making your static General Knowledge strong. Use NCERT to improve basics in this section.
IMPORTANT TOPICS FOR ENGINEERING EXAM ACCORDING TO THEIR WEIGH TAGE
Important topics for Mechanical Exam
- Fluid mechanics and machinery: Properties of fluids, pipe flow, pressure measurement, turbines and pumps, Bernoulli’s theorem.
- The strength of Materials: Torsion, bending moment and Shear force, pressure vessels and springs, stress, columns.
- Production Engineering: Welding, forming, metal casting, cutting tools, heat treatment.
- Theory of machines: Mechanism, gears, and gear train, flywheels, balancing.
- Thermodynamics: Law of thermodynamics, Entropy, properties of gases, properties of substances.
- IC Engine: Air standard cycles, combustion, knocking, testing.
- Machine Design: Clutches, belt and rope drive, bearings, riveted joint.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning: Psychometry and air conditioning, refrigerants.
Important topics for SSC JE Electrical exam – SSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
- Basic Network: Fundamentals (R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Instantaneous Peak, resonance, star and delta connection etc.), Circuit law ( AC, Kirchoff’s law, magnetically coupled circuits).
- Electrical Machines: DC Generators, autotransformers, DC motors, induction motors.
- Basic Electronics: P-N diodes, BJT, JFET, transistors (NPN and PNP type), optical devices, oscillators, feedback amplifiers.
- Measuring Instruments and Measurement: Error analysis, AC Bridges, measurement of power (2-watt meter), PMMC and PMMI instruments.
- Power systems: economics and power generation, power system protection, power distribution system, transmission lines.
Important topics for SSC JE Civil and Structural Exam – SSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
- Building Materials: Cement, aggregates, timber and paints, concrete, stone and brick masonry.
- Hydraulics: Fluid properties, pumps and turbines, flow in open channel and pipes, measurement of flow, Bernoulli’s theorem, and hydrostatics.
- Surveying: Principles, Earthwork calculation, Tachometric Survey, levelling, contouring.
- A strength of materials: elasticity constants, types of beams (indeterminate and determinate), torsion, columns, springs.
- RCC Design: Shear strength, slabs and footing, staircases, water tank, retaining wall, working stress method.
- Steel Design: Refer IS800:2007 to practice direct questions, tension members, roof truss and girder, general designs principles.
- Soil Mechanics: Phase diagrams, index properties, bearing capacity of the soil, Earth pressure theories, permeability and effective stress, the shear strength of soils (Direct shear test and Triaxial shear test).
- Estimation, Costing and Valuation: RCC work, flooring, timber work, plastering, shuttering, painting, Trapezoidal formula, Simpson’s rule, estimation of Brickwork, etc.
- Irrigation Engineering: Water requirements of crops, runoff coefficient, Kharif and Rabi crops, hydrology, designs of canals (Lacey’s theory, Kennedy’s theory), types of canals, measurement of rainfall, Command area, crop ratio.
- Transportation Engineering: Highway engineering, geometric design, traffic engineering, railway engineering, pavement design, highway materials.
- Study according to the syllabus and avoid wasting time on topics that are out of the syllabus.
- Divide your study time into different slots to study different subjects regularly.
- Maintain consistency in your studies. The regular consistent smart study is the most crucial Mantra to crack this exam.
- Solve previous 5 years papers to know the pattern of questions.
- Attend test series regularly. Test series help you to analyze your preparation. Take mock tests repeatedly to improve your performance.
- Keep revising constantly and make short notes for last minute revision.
- Do not follow multiple books. Stick to a few good books.
Options Coaching Academy is the leading SSC JE Coaching in Dehradun with 100% results