UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) had released a notification for UPSC CDS I 2019 Notification on 31st October 2018 to recruit eligible candidates. The last date to submit application forms has come close i.e. 26th November 2018. The candidates willing to apply for CDS I 2019 need to hurry before the due date is over. The candidates can submit their applications from the official website of UPSC www.upsconline.nic.in. The candidates can go through the important details about CDS I 2019 from this page.
Important Dates- UPSC CDS I 2019 Notification
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Application procedure will starts from||31st October 2018|
|Last date to submit applications||26th November 2018|
|Last date to pay application fee||26th November 2018|
|Application form can be withdrawn||From 3rd December 2018 to 10th December 2018|
|Admit cards can be downloaded from||January 2019|
|Examination Date||3rd February 2019|
|Declaration of result||March 2019|
Application Fee – UPSC CDS I 2019 Notification
The candidates have to pay the application to confirm their candidature. The application fee can be paid either through online mode (via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking) or through offline mode (via Challan). The application fee for different categories is as follows.
|General/ OBC candidate||Rs. 200/-|
|SC/ST/Female candidates||Exempted from application fee|
Eligibility Criteria- UPSC CDS I 2019
|Name of the Post||Age Limit||Eligibility Criteria|
|IMA (Indian Military Academy)||The candidates must have born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2001.||The candidates must have passed or appearing Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.|
|INA (Indian Naval Academy)||The candidates must have born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2001.||The candidates must have passed or appearing Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a recognized University.|
|Air Force Academy||The candidates must have born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2000.||The candidates must have completed Bachelor Degree in any discipline with Physics & Mathematics in 10+2 level OR
Bachelor Degree in Engineering
|OTA (Officers Training Academy)||The candidates must have born between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2001.||The candidates must have passed or appearing Bachelor Degree in Engineering from a recognized University.|
|OTA Women (Officers Training Academy)|
Number of Posts- UPSC CDS I 2019
|Name of the Post||Number of Posts|
|IMA (Indian Military Academy)||100|
|INA (Indian Naval Academy)||45|
|Air Force Academy||32|
|OTA (Officers Training Academy)||225|
|OTA Women (Officers Training Academy)||15|
Examination Pattern- UPSC CDS I 2019
- There will be 3 sections in CDS question paper- English, GK and Mathematics for IMA, Naval Academy and Airforce Academy. OTA question paper will have only 2 sections- English and GK.
- The type of CDS question paper will be MCQ.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- The language of CDS question paper will be bilingual i.e. both Hindi and English.
- The use of calculators will not be allowed in CDS exam.
- The total marks allotted for IMA, Naval Academy and Airforce Academy is 300, whereas for OTA the total marks will be 200 in CDS written examination.
Examination Syllabus- UPSC CDS I 2019
- English Syllabus
The syllabus of English includes comprehension, word meanings, vocabulary, synonyms & antonyms etc.
- GK Syllabus
General Knowledge is to test the knowledge of the candidates about current affairs. The candidates need to stay updated with current happening around the country. It also includes questions from History and Geography.
- Mathematics Syllabus
Mathematics is a subject that covers a large area of topics related to Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics. The detailed syllabus of mathematics is given below.
- Statistics covers Graphical representation, Histograms, Pie charts, Measures of tendency, Collection & tabulation of statistical data, Frequency polygons, bar charts etc.
- Arithmetic covers Numbers, Integers, Ratio & Proportion, addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Square Roots, Decimal fractions, Time, Distance & Work, Percentage, Simple & Compound Interest, Division Algorithm, HCF & LCM, Prime & Composite Nos. etc.
- Algebra covers HCF & LCM, simple factors, Basic Operations, Polynomials, Quadratic equations, Linear equations, variables, Set Language & Set Notation, Rational expressions, Laws of Indices etc.
- Geometry covers Lines, Angles, Planes, Pane figures, Theorems etc.
- Trigonometry covers Sine X, Cosine X, Tangent X, Values of Sin X, Cos X, tan X, Simple identities of trigonometry, Trigonometric tables’ uses, Simple cases of heights and distances etc.
- Mensuration covers Parallelograms, Triangles, Circles, Areas of squares & rectangles, Surface area, a lateral surface, surface area & volume of spheres, Volume of cuboids, Volume of right circular cones & cylinders etc.
How to prepare for CDS Exam?
- You should make a good study plan to prepare for CDs exam. The plan needs to be quite efficient so that you can complete the syllabus before the examination date.
- Go through the syllabus of CDS exam in detail and make a separate list for your weaker and strong areas to start with the preparation.
- Practice and solve as many sets of question papers you can to improve time-management & accuracy rate.
- Focus on getting a conceptual understanding of each topic to get clarity of different topics.
Join the best CDS Coaching in Dehradun to qualify the exam
“Dehradun Defence Academy” is one of the best options to get CDS coaching in Dehradun. The candidates who are appearing for UPSC CDS I 2019 can join Dehradun Defence Academy to get proper guidelines from experienced teachers. The faculty at Dehradun Defence Academy helps their students in various ways, such as-
- Provide the detailed syllabus of the examination
- Teach them how to manage time in the examination maintaining good accuracy.
- Practice more and more to get clear understanding.
- Provide the best study material.
- Teach the students simple tricks to solve questions of Mathematics & Reasoning etc.
- Regular class tests to keep a close watch on the preparation and performance of the students so far.
- Individual and equal attention to all the students in the class.